-

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Eat A Cranberry Day!

I'm just popping out posts this week! Actually, I'm heading back to New York today but before I go, I want to remind everyone that according to RecipeZaar and a few other sites I happened upon this week, November 23, is Eat A Cranberry Day!

I don't know, it just strikes me in an odd sort of way that someone or ones would suggest such a day but, hey, I'm all for promoting the Health Benefits of Cranberries. It just so happens, I did a post last year for National Cranberry Month, which makes more sense to me, at least give us a month to enjoy the little bouncer.

I didn't check out too many recipe sites for cranberry recipes, however, I did go back to How To Eat a Cupcake, one of the sites I had visited earlier this week in search of Eat A Cranberry Day. Today, a recipe was posted for the Iron Cupcake Challenge and, it just so happens to be a recipe for Spiced Pear Cupcakes w/ Cranberry-Orange Filling, that sound quite intriguing. It seems I missed a wonderful assortment of cranberry recipe is my haste to post this entry. You must check out the Recipe Girl blog. There is an amazing recipe for Butternut Squash & Pumpkin Seed Paper Rolls with Cranberry Chile Dipping Sauce that sounds much harder than it appears.

As for me, I will leave you with a few more recipes from another Eatmoor Cranberries leaflet. This one titled Tasty Ways to Serve the Tonic Fruit (no publication date) There is also a whole list of cranberry recipes at the Ocean Spray site, just in case you can't find an interesting recipes here.

Have FUN! Eat a Cranberry or two, three...

revised Nov. 2013

14 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip back to New York and Happy Thanksgiving, dear Louise! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great Thanksgiving Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maryann, I adore your Regina Cookies post. I "borrowed" your Whole Cranberry Sauce with Orange link and added it to this post. It looks GREAT!

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Maryann

    Dear Happy, I made it back to NY safe & sound:) I left much snow back there in PA, thankful to be back on dry ground for the time being:)

    Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours Happy!

    Hi Kathy, I'm going to drop by your place (blog:) to see how you're doing. You have a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Louise, and Happy Cranberry Day too...thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy to you also Dennis. Don't forget to enjoy a cranberry or two or three...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them and nevr get enough. In fact I was just visulizing my cranberry sauce for this year.
    Have safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I'm sorry I missed Eat a cranberry day!
    I just wanted to thank you for your nice comment on my blog about the TV thing. What am I doing????!!!
    I am totally STRESSED big time! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Courtney, only you would try to visualize cranberry sauce. Too funny. Glad you're back!

    Hi Jan,
    Don't stress. You did GREAT in the video. I for one would rather watch a real live natural cook on TV. As I once relayed to Glamah. Dressed spelled backwards is Dessert. Create! and, keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Canned cranberry sauce, right?

    Don't judge me! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Blonde Duck, I would never judge you for using canned cranberry sauce. Who am I to judge, I ate three+ boxes of Mallomars! I need a kitchen fairy NOW:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's something for you. Bye and greetings from Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karin,
    Thank you so much for the Award. Drop in anytime!

    Hi How...
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Through this wide opened gate,
none came to early,
none returned to late.

Thanks for dropping in...Louise