-

Friday, May 28, 2010

Quick Links: National Hamburger Day!!!

Happy National Hamburger Day!!! How convenient Hamburger Day visits just a few days before Memorial Day. I'm not going to get into the History and Legends of Hamburgers. I explored that avenue back in 2008 and quite frankly, it needs a bit of sprucing up. I will tell you that the origin of the word hamburger is believed to have been first cited way back on January 5, 1889 in Walla Walla Washington.

A Whole Lotta Hamburger Day Recipes

Hamburgers with Feta and Caramelized Onions @ For the Love of Cooking

‘21’ Club Hamburger @ Saveur

Brie Truffled Burgers w/Kumato Tomatoes & Ramps Mayonnaise @ 5 Star Foodie

A Great Simple Burger @ Chubby Hubby

My Most Favorite Burger Ever... @ The Pioneer Woman

Burger Mini-Panini Sliders @ Panini Happy

Taco Burgers @ Coleen's Recipes

Best Old-Fashioned Burgers @ The Bitten Word

The Best Ever Beer Steamed Burgers @ Steph's Cafe

Just Another Garlic Basil Cheeseburger! @ Zesty Cook

Spinach Burgers @ A Veggie Adventure (includes beef & turkey)

Home-Ground Hamburger @ Cook Think

Texas Beef, Bean and Queso Burgers @ Noble Pig

Angus Beef Burger with Mushroom Sauce @ The Cook Mobile

Where's the Beef?

Ranch Turkey Burgers @ My Wooden Spoon

Grilled Turkey Burgers with Cheddar & Smoky Aioli @ Culinary Covers

Spicy Grilled Turkey Burgers @ Tammy's Recipes

Teriyaki Turkey Burger @ Seriously Good

Chiptole Turkey Burgers @ The Kitchen Sink

Chicken Curry Burgers @ Vanilla Kitchen

Salmon Burgers with Cilantro Mayo @ Annie Eats

Asian Salmon Burgers @ Steamy Kitchen

Hawaiian Tuna Burgers with Maui Wowee Salsa @ The Global Gourmet

Spiced Lamb Burgers w/Herbed Yoghurt @ BBC Food

The Best Fresh Ground Lamb Burger Period @ A Mingling of Tastes

Jeena's Easy Bean Burger @ Jeena's Kitchen

Quinoa Burgers with Hummus & Roasted Red Peppers @ Enlightened Kitchen

Copy Cat Houston’s Veggie Burger @ Cookie Madness

Burger Cruising

Danish Pork Burgers @ Simply Recipes

Hambaagu or hambaagaa: Japanese hamburgers @ Just Hungry

Turkish Hamburger (Kofte)

Cuban Hamburger @ Saveur

Italian Burgers @ Gluten Free Expedition

Falafel from Lebanon (Chickpeas Burgers) @ Canela Kitchen Recipes

Indian-Spiced Chicken Burgers @ Elly Says Opa

Caribbean Jerk Burger @ Seriously Good

Bulgogi Burgers with Roasted Thai Basil Garlic Potatoes @ Tiger's & Strawberries

Bulgogi Burger @ Closet Cooking ("Bulgogi is a Korean barbecued beef dish that translates to "fire meat")

Pick a Bun Any Bun!

Hamburger Buns @ Rosa's Yummy Yums

Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns @ Prudence Penny

Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns @ Baking Bites (no milk)

Hawaiian Hamburger Rolls @ Coconut & Lime

Hamburger Buns @ Annie Eats

Hamburger Buns & Focaccia Bread @ The Gluten Free Homemaker

Light Brioche Burger Buns @ Parsley, Sage and Line Drives

I had a ball gleaning the archives of my Hospitality Search Engine for recipe links to celebrate National Hamburger Day. If your "to die for" hamburger recipe is missing, throw a temper tantrum or simply leave a link comment. If you're in the Round-Up, thank you:) Just in case you're still craving the ultimate hamburger, check out the Blogger Burger Club over @ Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice and if you're like me, you put Mayo on your hamburger. Just take a look at this recipe for Scrumptious Homemade Mayonnaise as found at the Queen of the Castle's; Lynn. This recipe for Cola Burgers was gleaned from a back issue (2008) of Prize Winning Recipes from Taste of Home.

Have a safe and frolicsome weekend and I'll "see" you on Sunday! Louise

17 comments:

  1. I remember when I was living in the US, it's like almost every week I was eating hamburger. There's time where I got really bored of it but when I leave the US, I do miss it a lot. Glad that next month, I'll be eating hamburger again... in the US ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. Knight loves 'em. Me? No so much...

    Have a great Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I posted my burger roll recipe a while back, but I forget. There's my early alzheimers kicking in again. (I tell my kids that when I'm ignoring them.) I do love a good burger! Happy Memorial Day, Louise and Marian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a lot of fabulous links! Makes that hamburger so versatile! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit, I ate "the wrong thing" on National Hamburger Day, but I've gotta tell you I'm fascinated by the idea of Cola Burgers. I'm going to have to try this, and then make a Coca-Cola Cake for dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great weekend Louise! and a wonderful burger~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hard to beat a burger! How I love summer and all of the meals off the grill. Hope you have a great safe weekend! Join us on Facebook and share some of those wonderful recipes...
    joycee
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120946234607968&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=120946234607968&ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE homemade hamburgers and cannot live without them! Thanks fopr adding my link :-D.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  9. The National Hamburger Day is fun! We had little sliders to celebrate :) Thanks so much for the shoutout about my brie burger!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love a good burger, but mine are pretty basic, no thrills no frills, and yet when I look at some of these links, I think, I really must get out into the culinary world more. Thanks for all the delicious ideas. Now to fire up the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the burger and bun links. I love a great burger and I love them grilled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just had a hamburger today! Yay!
    Not knowing it is National Burger Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a stupendous collection of burger goodness. the only burger i WON'T eat is a fish burger, and i love a homemade bun too. yes, the burger is a foodstuff that definitely deserves a day (or a week!) in its honor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My head is spinning...I don't know where to go first!! I love burgers and want to try every single one!! I'm making some tomorrow as a matter of fact, a few days late...but hey, what's new!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Selba! You're coming to the US??? When, where, do tell...

    Thanks Channon.

    Marjie, I'll have to check my search and make sure you're in there. I'm sure you are. I know I have a few of your bread recipes bookmarked but I too forget which one. Senile, I suppose...

    Thank YOU! Janet.

    Cola Burgers AND Coca-Cola Cake! Now you're talking, T.W. I'll bring the beer rolls!!!

    Thanks Joumana.

    Hi Joycee! Thanks for dropping by and the Facebook invite. I'm afraid FB and I are on the outs right now. Have fun!

    Thank you for letting me "borrow" it Rosa. What's a hamburger without a tasty roll:)

    You're more than welcome, Natasha. Your burger sounds delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Katie, thanks for visiting. Your sweet & sour sauce sounds "puckering." Perhaps, on a hamburger???

    Thanks for stopping Veron. Have FUN tomorrow. You'll be GREAT!!!

    Yay! Have another, it isn't Hamburger today either, tigerfish. Thanks for popping in...

    I'm not fond of fish burgers either Grace. The thought sends me in a tizzy. Thanks for dropping by...

    You spin up a winner, girlchef. I know you will!!!

    You are welcome, Sook. Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete

Through this wide opened gate,
none came to early,
none returned to late.

Thanks for dropping in...Louise